Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Supermodelquins Survived

“The typical 5 a.m. openings aren't good enough because every retailer does that on Black Friday. This has become a game of who can top this. Everyone wants to start first. It's very clear that the early bird catches the worm for consumers. So retailers are trying to catch the early consumer.”~Marshal Cohen
First I want to point out that Black Friday is the worst day in the retail world! The money is good so I guess the big "CEOs" like it but if you ever have to work it you despise it with all of your soul. This past Black Friday was the third I have ever worked and it only gets worse as the years progress. This particular Black Friday I was asked to work a double shift because a girl had quit. I being the dedicated worker that I am agreed, BIG MISTAKE!! I had to work from one in the morning to eleven and then be back in at three to one am again. It almost killed me. In the four days I was home I worked almost 40 hours. We were also open on Thanksgiving this year, guess who worked from open to close, me that's who. I'm not complaining about the big paycheck I'm about to receive but still it was a rough four days. I will say that I didn't have a mean customer this year which is odd so I am thankful for that. I now have 364 days to recuperate until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment