Monday, September 7, 2009

Persecution

“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved."
~Helen Keller
To start off, I just want to say that people really annoy me! The other day my boyfriend and I went shopping at the mall and if looks could kill... I'm sorry, people need to grow up. I realize that our relationship isn't what society believes is "normal" but still that doesn't give people the right to be hateful. I'm trying to be the better man in these types of situations, even though I would rather just return the hatred. I've come to the conclusion that this is part of my growth and development. I refuse to change who I am or what I believe because of ignorance. I am going to keep going strong and being who I am and not let others change me.
For my upcoming paper for my English class I want to find an argument about gay marriage. I want to look more in detail with how people view the topic and tell people how I feel about the matter. Who knows, maybe I can even change a few "ignorant minds" in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment