Saturday, October 17, 2009

My Faith

We live by faith, not by sight.
2 Corinthians 5:7
For English we have to define our religion or spirituality. I have kind of answered this question before but I'm going to go in more detail now. I grew up in a very religious home, I was at Church everyday that the doors were open. The foundation that I formed as a child still goes with me today but now somethings about me have changed. My Faith is one of the biggest things that has changed in my life. My religion was one thing that kept me in the closet, actually, it was the only thing that kept me in the closet. I had always been told that homosexuals were condemned to hell and I believed that growing up. I had always gone by what I was told but know I go by what I believe. I have Faith in my God when it comes to my sexual orientation. I know that he created me the way that I am to make a difference in someone else's life. I am still trying to figure some things out but the one thing I know without a shadow of a doubt. I am a follower of Christ and I know that I will walk with Him in Heaven. I am gay Christan and proud of both aspects of my life, my sexual orientation and my religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment